Ativan 2mg is a trading name of Lorazepam medicine. And it belongs to the drug class of benzodiazepines and also known as sedative-hypnotic.
While Benzodiazepine is responsible for the chemical brain messager (GABA). On the other side, sedative-hypnotic works in the central nervous system of the brain.
And their work interaction provides a calming effect on the brain and the body.
Therefore, a person feels relaxed in a few minutes.
Although Ativan’s primary role is to control anxiety symptoms like panic attacks, restlessness, and OCD, it also helps treat insomnia, seizures, and alcohol withdrawal symptoms.
How does Ativan 2mg look?
Ativan 2mg comes in a tablet form with a white-off to pale yellow color. And it also has imprints of A and BPI 65 respective sides.
Precaution/warning of Ativan 2mg
Ativan has some distressful side-effects; therefore, you need to look at some precautions before taking Ativan.
- Ativan can make you dizzy and drowsy after an instant intake. Therefore, do not go outside alone, drive alone and walk alone
- Also, Pregnant women should strictly avoid taking Ativan because it can harm the fetus and your child
- Similarly, lactating mothers should not take medicine without asking a doctor
- If you have any prior medical condition like kidney and liver, then must ask your doctor because it can be harmful to your physiological and mental health.
- Also, children below the age of 15 are prohibited from taking this drug, as it can cause many other mental illnesses.
- And the doctors also suggest to not to take alcohol or any other while taking medicine.
- If you are feeling nausea and hallucination for more than two weeks, then take a doctor’s advice.
- People with more than 60 years should also consult a doctor before mixing other medicine with Ativan.
Ativan can be very addictive after a recurrent use of it. Hence the doctor provides some non-medical treatments along with a pharmaceutical method.
Non-medical treatments are like:
- and Meditation
- Morning exercise
- Joining sports clubs
- And a modified diet
These are the method which you should try while using the drug because it helps to stay independent and motivate. And, it also allows you to keep connected with the people and stay active.
On the other side, the right dietary consumption plays a vital role because many a time, lack of nutrition stop functioning correctly, and due to that, people take drugs.
In that regard, it is advisable to go for a diet chart.
As compared to Xanax, Ativan is light reactive and comes out easily from the system. While Xanax stays a much more extended period of time but Ativan lasts up to 10 hours.
Thus ask your doctor about which dosage will be more suitable for your health, body, and mind. Because doctors will provide a modified treatment after taking a few physical and mental tests.
Ativan 2mg Online(Lorazepam)
Ativan (lorazepam) is used to treat anxiety or for the short-term relief of the symptoms of stress or anxiety associated with depressive symptoms. And it belongs to a category of medicines known as benzodiazepines which act on the central nervous system of the brain to produce a relaxing effect.
Although this drug works by enhancing the effects of a certain natural chemical in the body (GABA). And, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, and polacrilin potassium are the inactive ingredients present in lorazepam.
Dosage of Ativan medication
The common doses of Ambien are 1mg, 2 mg. And based on your condition you might need one of these doses.
Precautions of Ativan medication
The precautions that a person has to know are as follows-
- Without adequate antidepressant therapy, benzodiazepines should not be used in patients with depression.
- In patients with compromised respiratory function lorazepam should be used with caution
- Because elderly people may be more susceptible to the sedative effects of lorazepam. Therefore,
these people should be monitored frequently and their dosage should be adjusted
- During benzodiazepine use. And, Paradoxical effects must be reported. Such effects/reactions may be more likely to occur in children and the elderly. If these effects/ reactions occur, the use of the drug should be discontinued.
- Also, dosage for patients having severe hepatic insufficiency should be monitored carefully according to patient condition; lower doses may be sufficient in such patients.
- In patients where gastrointestinal or cardiovascular disorders coexist with anxiety. And it should be noted that lorazepam has not been shown to be of significant benefit in treating the gastrointestinal or cardiovascular component.
Side Effects of Ativan 2mg medication
- Most of the adverse reactions to benzodiazepines include CNS effects and respiratory depression, which are dose-dependent.
- And in a sample of about 3500 patients treated for anxiety, the most frequent adverse reaction
to Ativan (lorazepam) was sedation (15.9%), followed by dizziness (6.9%), weakness (4.2%), and unsteadiness (3.4%).
- Although the incidence of sedation and unsteadiness increased with age.
Other adverse reactions to benzodiazepines, including lorazepam are
1. Fatigue and Drowsiness,
4. Memory impairment and Confusion,
10. Suicidal ideation/attempt,
13. Extrapyramidal symptoms,
15. Tremor, vertigo, eye function/visual disturbance (including diplopia and Blurred
17. Headache, and Coma;
19. Also, Respiratory depression,
20. Paradoxical reactions, including anxiety, excitation, agitation, hostility, aggression, sleep disturbances/insomnia, sexual arousal, and hallucinations may occur.
21. Also, small decreases in blood pressure and hypotension may occur but are usually not clinically significant and probably is related to the relief of anxiety produced by Ativan (lorazepam).
Overdose of Ativan medication
- Overdosage of benzodiazepines is usually manifested by varying degrees of central nervous system depression, ranging from drowsiness to coma.
- Also, in a few cases, symptoms include drowsiness, mental confusion, paradoxical reactions,
dysarthria, and lethargy.
- Furthermore, in more serious cases, and especially when other drugs or alcohol take together.
- And, symptoms may include ataxia, hypotonia, hypotension, cardiovascular depression,
respiratory depression, hypnotic state, coma, and death.
Missed Dose of 2mg Ativan medication
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember in the morning hours. weather you miss a dose of lorazepam, take the missed dose as soon as you remember it.
Because if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose, and continue with your dosing schedule.
Hence, do not double up your dose to balance it.
Storage of Ativan medication:
- Store in the refrigerator between 2-8°C away from light or as directed by your pharmacist.
- And, Store at room temperature away from light and moisture.
- Do not freeze.
- Also, Do not store in the bathroom.
- Keep all medications away from children and pets.
- Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so.
- Also, Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed.
- And, consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.