Oxycodone 30 mg is an opioid drug that is beneficial for treating patients suffering from moderate to severe pain. It is also helpful for managing arthritis, seizure injuries, the pain of cancer, etc. As per the details, it is a narcotic drug capable of relaxing chronic to long term severe pain.
Oxycodone 30mg may cause dependence and side effects as well. However, proper usage can prevent these unwanted outcomes of this medicine. Thus, get a formal consultation with an expert doctor before using any opioid for pain relief.
Important information for Oxycodone 30 mg
Oxycodone is an opioid and a potent drug of this class. It has some active ingredients that are capable of causing dizziness and euphoria. It is the main reason behind the misuse and abuse of this medicine. Therefore, it is not legal to get this drug without a prescription.
However, ask your doctor about the usage and precautions for this medicine. These instructions will help you to stay safe from physical or mental dependence.
Doses and safe usage of Oxycodone
Oxycodone 30 mg is available in both immediate and time release formulations. If your symptoms are not severe, your doctor may prescribe instant release tablets. Extended-release (XR) tablets are useful for long term treatment of ongoing pain.
Generally, the doses of Oxycodone 30 mg are taken every four to six hours. Besides, Oxycodone XR requires a minimum gap of 12 hours between two dosages. Ask your prescribing doctor for more details about your medication.
Precautions for safe usage Oxycodone 30mg
While using any opioid or stimulant, you need to take a few precautions. It will not only help you to get well but also prevent side effects. Therefore, follow your prescription throughout the treatment, which may include:
- Do not crush the extended release tablets of Oxycodone 30 mg. Crushing will allow it to dissolve quickly and create an overdose.
- Avoid anything that makes you dizzy, such as alcohol, liquor, cigarettes, etc.
- Do not take opioids if you are pregnant or nursing a child.
- Always get your medication from a reputed pharmacy outlet, either online or offline.
- Avoid citrus, vitamin C, and orange juice when you are using Oxycodone 30 mg. Any product that has vitamin C can interact with this medicine.
- Your doctor might not prescribe opioids if you are under 18 years.
These are a few vital steps that you should consider during your treatment. However, your precautions might be different according to your physical and mental health.